Your welfare has always been our number one priority and since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have had to temporarily close our centre to keep you safe. Despite the restrictions that come with the pandemic, our skilled colleagues remain dedicated to providing you with the best in care and continue to offer a wide-range of services.
Most of our services are free but we also offer plenty more activities for a small yearly fee when you become Friends of Headway Surrey. Here is a quick snapshot of our available services, what you need to do to stay safe, how to stay in touch and more.
The following services are offered to you completely free, however if you can support us, we would kindly ask you to join Friends of Headway Surrey to help us help you. For just £3 a month or £36 a year you get:
- Helpline support: Assessments are available online and we always welcome new enquiries.
- Wednesday Social Coffee morning: Stay in touch online and challenge yourself with crosswords, Pictionary and more fun activities.
- Friday Friends Social Quiz: Join us online for our weekly catch-up and a quiz.
- Online Long Covid-19 survivors and family support sessions: Designed to help you thrive despite the impacts of the pandemic.
- Online Counselling: Short-term 6 weeks, starts Jan 2021
- Online family and carer support: ideal if you want to have further discussions in private.
- Welfare calls: If you are a regular client, we can arrange a check in and chat. 01483 454433
- iPad loan scheme: Regain your independence by borrowing one of our iPads to join our sessions.
We offer additional services, which are charged at a reduced cost. Try up to two sessions of Group brain injury education or art for free before you commit - again joining Friends of Headway Surrey is encouraged.
- Online Family brain injury education sessions: These sessions are available on a one-to-one basis or with your family. Work packs are included.
- Online Group brain Injury education sessions: Small groups of ABI survivors focusing on topics of interest.
- Online Group art sessions: Work packs and colouring options are available so you can rediscover your artistic side.
- Professional talks/groups brain injury education sessions: Wider medical industry knowledge sharing
- Other bespoke sessions available: Tailored to meet specific needs.
How to stay safe
Government guidelines are changing all the time but there are four main things you can do to help defend yourself from the COVID-19 virus.
- Limit contact with other people.
- Keep your distance, also known as ‘social distancing’ - two metres is recommended and one metre if you are wearing a face covering.
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds.
- If you or anyone in your home has symptoms then don't leave the house for two weeks and seek a test.
To stay up-to-date follow the latest Government information here
Coronavirus Fundraising – we need your help
COVID-19 has impacted us all on a social and financial level. All those fund-raising events, which provide us with a vital lifeline, are sadly on hold. This means, this year, our income has already reduced by more than half.
But there is still hope and you can always make a difference by coming up with innovative fund raising activities. Take Grace Butler-Smith who cut off 24 inches of her shiny locks and exceeded her target of £500 in May 2020.
If you are looking for inspiration see Grace’s hair-raising new- look
Donations – Give as you live
Why not simply make a donation, it doesn’t matter how small because at Headway Surrey we are always grateful for all the support we get from our friends.
Telephone / Answer service: 01483 454433
WhatsApp: 07735 024383