Celebrations and Memorials
There are many interesting ways you can donate to us and whether it is celebrating a special occasion or paying a tribute to a loved one we are always very grateful for your support. Here are three ideas for you:
1) Celebration Gifts
If you are celebrating a birthday, a wedding or an anniversary, and you would prefer to give to Headway Surrey rather than receive physical gifts, you can choose one of three ways:
We have teamed up with JustGiving and you can make donations directly online.
Direct bank payments
You or anyone else can donate directly via a bank or by paying by cheque. Find out how to transfer via your bank here. This tends to work well if you have physically collected cash.
We can provide you with gift aid envelopes and leaflets. You can also borrow a pull up banner, collecting boxes and/or buckets.
2) Memorial Donations
If someone close to you has sadly passed, there are several ways you can pay tribute to them and donate to Headway Surrey at the same time.
Digital tributes with MuchLoved or Memory Giving
We have teamed up with MuchLoved and Memory Giving so that you, your family and friends can honour the life of a loved one. It's a wholly digital service and very easy to set up - all you need to do is:
- Go to muchloved.com and Memory Giving enter the details of the deceased and your contact details
- You will receive an email to confirm set-up and you are ready to go.
- Please remember when setting up the donation, that you choose:
- Headway Surrey there is more than one Headway so specifying Headway Surrey will ensure your kind donation comes to us. To double check here is our our Registered Charity Number 1046863
- Minimum donation £5
You can also set up your own online page with, for example; Virgin Money Giving and share the link with your friends and family.
Alternatively as above you or anyone can donate directly via a bank or cheque. Find out how to transfer via your bank here. This tends to work well if you have physically collected cash.
3) Your Will and Legacy
We recognise discussing death is a sensitive matter, however making a will gives you peace of mind by securing the future of your family and you can also help support a charity.
To be safe, it is better to have your will or codicil written by a solicitor, who will ensure it’s accurate, is correctly witnessed and valid. If you have already written your will, you can include Headway Surrey by adding a codicil which avoids the expense of changing your will. You can choose to leave a legacy in several ways:
- Pecuniary Gift: a cash sum of money.
- Residuary Gift: you may wish to leave a percentage of your remaining estate after specific gifts have been made.
- Life Interest Gift: you may wish to leave a gift, e.g. a property, to someone during their lifetime and then, on the event of their death, the property can be passed on to someone else or a charity.
If you would like to leave Headway Surrey a legacy, you can use the following wording:
Reduce Inheritance Tax
You could also benefit from reduced Inheritance Tax if you leave 10% or more of your estate to charity. See the latest Government guidelines on inheritance tax.
If you have any ideas for fundraising events or you have any questions, please contact us, we would love to talk to you.
Friends of Headway Surrey
It's very easy to become a Friend of Headway Surrey and there are many benefits too.
Whatever your skill come and talk to us about volunteering - we could do with your help.
We have a limited number of Christmas cards and colouring books for sale.
If you are thinking of donating to Headway Surrey, you will be supporting a charity that really makes a difference to survivors of acquired brain injuries.