Celebration & Memorial Gifts
The death of someone close to you is deeply traumatic. Celebrating their memory may help to ease the pain. Give a gift to Headway Surrey instead of funeral flowers. Your donation will give a lasting legacy to others and help them and their families on their journey back to wellbeing. Headway Surrey would be proud and grateful to receive your gift in memory of your loved one.
The way to do this would be either,:
- through your funeral director, if you give them the following information. Headway Surrey, registered charity 1046863, www.headwaysurrey.org
- Or, you can set up your own online memorial page, eg. Virgin Money Giving Online page and circulate the link to your friends and family.
- Or you can donate directly by BACS or cheque, Click HERE for details.
We can provide you with gift aid envelopes and leaflets. You can also borrow a pull up banner, collecting boxes and/or buckets.
If you have any questions please contact the office on 01483 455225 or email@example.com
Make a Will and Leave a Legacy
It is difficult to discuss death and dying, however making a Will is vital to secure the future of your family and provides you with the opportunity to support a charity.
Leave a long lasting legacy to Headway Surrey (Registered Charity Number 104863).
If you die without a Will, it can cause real problems for your loved ones. It will also cost more money to sort things out. A valid Will puts you in control of your affairs and gives peace of mind. If your Will is not up to date, perhaps it is time to act.
To be safe, it is better to have your Will written by a solicitor, who will ensure it’s accurate, is correctly witnessed and valid.
If you have already written your Will, you can include Headway Surrey by adding a codicil which avoids the expense of changing your Will.
You can choose to leave a legacy in several ways:
- Pecuniary Gift - A cash sum of money; you may wish to leave a specific sum of money
- Residuary Gift - A percentage of your remaining estate; you may wish to leave a percentage of your remaining estate after specific gifts have been made.
- Life Interest Gift - you may wish to leave a gift, e.g. a property, to someone during their lifetime and then, on the event of their death, the property can be passed on to someone else or a charity.
You could also benefit from reduced Inheritance Tax if 10% or more of your estate is left to charity – www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax/giving-to-charity-to -reduce-an-inheritance-tax-bill.
If you would like to leave Headway Surrey a legacy, you can use the following wording:
I leave ………….. to Headway Surrey Head Injuries Association Limited, Headway House, North Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9PU, registered charity number 1046863.
Donate to Headway Surrey
We rely on voluntary donations to continue to provide vital services to brain injury survivors and their families. There are many ways to make a donation. Click to learn more.