As Trustee you will help us to set the strategic direction and fundraising priorities of the charity, ensure that we function within the Legal and Regulatory framework of the sector and make the best possible impact on the lives of those living and working with brain injury.
What are we looking for?
- Due to retirement we are seeking to recruit 2-3 enthusiastic new Trustees.
- The Trustee role is a voluntary position, open to all applicants.
- We are particularly looking for Trustees who can help us to ensure that our Board is as diverse as the local community that it serves.
- Suitable for individuals who are looking to gain Board-level experience or expand their understanding of governance and strategy in a charity context.
- We are particularly looking to expand the following skills areas on our Board:
- Financial background - Treasurer role
- Marketing and communications, particularly social media
- IT/technology knowledge
- HR or personnel experience
- Brain Injury Professional/medical expertise
- CCG experience / Adult Social Care Experience particularly funding
- Experience of working on either grant applications or community fundraising
- Lived experience of acquired brain injury, either personally or as a carer or relative
- Able to attend 9 short early evening meetings (17.30-18.30) per annum at Headway House, Guildford GU2 9PU.
- Trustees should also be able to commit to attending occasional fundraising events and/or visit client events from time to time.
- Trustees are appointed for a five-year term of office.
To apply: Please send a C.V. and covering letter indicating why you are interested in this opportunity, and what you would bring to the role to CEO Sonja Freebody firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: 17th Sept 2019, interviews 4th October 2019.
Click HERE to view current Board Members
Donate to Headway Surrey
We rely on voluntary donations to continue to provide vital services to brain injury survivors and their families. There are many ways to make a donation. Click to learn more.