Our community support services are available via referral from a Case Manager/Social Work Practitioner, health care professional or through private funding.
Working with the client, family and as part of a multi-disciplinary team we aim to set tangible goals which develop an individual’s independence and integration into their local community. This can involve:
- Supporting a person back into work, or establishing new opportunities with either paid or voluntary work, assisting with application, interview and induction processes
- Liaising with employers, enhancing insight into the difficulties faced by those affected by brain injury
- Enabling greater social integration, through the uptake of new hobbies and leisure pursuits
- Travel training to work locations or social activities
- Individually tailored cognitive programmes to promote use of strategies to support memory, information processing and central executive skills
- Developing budgeting skills and better fiscal awareness
- Providing benefits advice, practical support with form filling and understanding correspondence
Community support is focused upon an individual’s unique needs, goals and aspirations; our aim is to maximise a person’s potential and allow them to live as independently as possible. We challenge our client group to set measurable goals, and to achieve maximum input in a short space of time.
Donate to Headway Surrey
We rely on voluntary donations to continue to provide vital services to brain injury survivors and their families. There are many ways to make a donation. Click to learn more.